Friday 20 May 2011

Second Childhood

My husband says I am like the queen, I always manage to have two birthdays, one official and the other a few months earlier when I find something I like and coerce him into buying it for me.
"It can be an early Birthday present I insist. Just buy me a card on the actual day." But of course with the card I always get a little something else as well.
The reason I am saying this, is because the other day I saw a lovely rocking horse in a second hand shop and fell in love with it. It is something I have always wanted. It's the closest I will ever get to owning a real horse.
Okay, this one isn't polished wood with a saddle a bridle and flowing mane and tail.
This one is just about big enough for me, and is covered in black fur, but it is so cute and due to the fur is lovely to stroke and when I ride it, it feels like a real horse. It has four white feet so I have called it Socks, okay not terribly original, but the name suits it.
All my friends insist I am slipping into my second childhood, They are quite right, only I'm not slipping, I've already slipped and am loving every minute of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment